Friday, July 20, 2012

Corn Tea



  Corn tea (Oksusu cha ) as its name made from roasted corn kernels. It's originally from South Korea and now getting popular in Japan. The ready made bottle can be found easily in a convenient store. But you can also buy a bag and make at home to enjoy throughout the day.
  To be honest, it's my first time to drink this tea and I found it has a mildly sweet taste and quite aromatic. Ina hot and humid summer day, it would be perfect to serve an aromatic corn tea. Therefore I am here writing to share with you all. The way to prepare is so easy as its suggested in the direction. Another way is to soak in a cold water for 30 minutes. But I prefer to boil it as it's much more aromatic than soaking in a regular water. It can be served hot as well.

   Corn tea is not only delicious and refreshing but it also has a variety of health benefits. Mention benefits are
  • relief from tiredness
  • relief from abdominal swelling
  • relief from stomach upset pain
  • reduce high blood pressure

Preparing: 

2liters of water
1 pack of corn tea

  1. Fill the water to the kettle
  2. Bring it to boil, add one tea bag and simmer in low heat for 10 minutes.
  3. Take the tea bag out
  4. Leave it cool and chill it in the fridge.
  5. Serve it with ice or straight. 

3 comments:

  1. That looks tasty! Thanks for introduction. I must find one to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look refreshing. I have never tried it before but I could already smell the aromatic corn..thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mild taste and aromatic of corn tea really makes summer day tolerable! I just love it. I actually get one from store. Will try your recipe it looks extremely easy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...